JOIN THE TEAM
Who's ready to make an impact?
Nonprofit, PR & Social Internship
No fetching coffee here! Get ready to immerse yourself in the fast-paced world of PR while building relationships with national and local media while receiving hands-on client work experience.
We are seeking TWO (2) individuals who are self-starters, creative, resourceful, hard-working, and interested in collaborating with great minds to help build, shape, and cultivate impactful client stories and mindful community engagement.
Ideal candidates should have a passion for storytelling, community engagement, and positive impact.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, programs, partners/members and competitors
- Stay up-to-date with cultural trends and relevant news and respond strategically
PR & Media Relations
- Basic understanding of PR principles and familiarity with AP style writing
- Participation in brainstorms and development sessions of media strategy
- Draft pitches for both media and organization with approval of manager
- Create and manage all media lists and editorial calendars
- Create and manage compilation of media coverage reports
- Pitch media under the direction of manager
- Assist with preparation of briefing books and press kits
- Basic understanding of research and PR resources (Cision, Coveragebook, etc.)
- Assist with collecting and recapping media coverage
- Assist with community management of APC social platforms
- Identify relevant content and trending topics for APC social
- Share content on APC social channels with approval of manager
- Undergraduate students (communications, public relations, marketing or related major preferred)
- Applicants must have prior experience in PR, Communications, Marketing, or Social Media
- Availability for a 12-week program from June - August 2018
- Availability to work 15 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your resume to team(at)apccollective(dot)com and submit your APC Collective Culture Questionnaire.